little twin stars lunch set
Rose Petal Preserve
- 1 cup organic rose petals
- 1 1/2 cup raw sugar (coconut
- juice of 1/2 lemonMethod:
- Clean the rose petals from all impurities. Cut off the white ends as they are rather bitter.
- Gently wash and dry the rose petals.
- Place rose petals in a mixing bowl and add small amount of sugar. Using a wooden pestle stir the sugar mixing it into the rose petals. Add a little lemon juice. Stir again.
- Repeat this action until you have used up all the sugar. You should have produced a creamy mass.
- Place the rose preserve into small, clean jars and store in a dark place. Refrigerate after opening, but do not freeze.
Enjoy in good company on a slice of raw Essene bread or in smoothies. Add a spoonful to a cup of raw yoghurt or a bowl of sprouted cereal. Use generously during the autumn and winter months to invoke memories of a sun soaked rose garden.
Rose petal scented pink Himalaya saltIngredients:
- 1 cup coarse granulated Himalaya salt
- 1/3 cup dried rose petals (wild Rosa rugosa, Rosa centifolia or any other fragrant, organic rose)
- In a bowl gently mix the salt crystals with sun dried rose petals.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Using a funnel transfer the scented salt into a salt mill.
Store in dark and moisture free place.
The longer the salt is infused with the fragrant rose petals the more aromatic it will become.
Cardamom Rose Almond Milk
Makes 4 cups
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons organic dried rose petals
- 1 cup raw organic almonds, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp organic cardamom powder
- sweetener of choice
Bring 4 cups of water to a gentle boil. Add the rose petals and steep for 10 minutes. Strain and set aside until the tea has cooled to room temperature.
Place rose petal tea, almonds, cardamom and sweetener of choice in a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth. Strain through a nut/seed milk bag or, for a thicker drink, do not strain.
Warm slightly on the stove, taking care not to over heat. Pour into large mugs and enjoy!
✿busy bee bento and fresh mango cubes✿
flower centre and bee body - homemade tamagoyaki
be stripes and faces - nori
bee wings and flower petals - beef tomato
very simple but yummy!
I danced around the garden barefoot like a fairy girl and took pictures of all the prettiest flowers ♡